Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pictures and More...

Last night we celebrated David's 56th birthday. It wasn't the same without the girls, but I prepared a meal I knew he would like and topped it off with a baby birthday cake. He really liked it!

Since the breast cancer diagnosis, I had talked about taking pictures of my boob in its present state before the surgery. So last night, David took out the digital camera and we took pictures at every angle, covering up my face, just in case, g-d forbid, someone should ever find these pictures. I can ASSURE YOU that they will never be fodder for the Internet. hahaha

In turn, I took pictures of his chest since tomorrow he's having his cath and if for some reason there is more involvement than a simple stent, he'll end up with a bypass and change the look of his chest forever. We had some real giggles taking the pictures, and it was a fun way to cope with the stress!

Meanwhile, today I'm a mental wreck worrying about David's procedure tomorrow. We aren't dealing with a stomach flu, but rather, a potentially life altering problem. And David isn't one to complain easily. He'd rather keep everything to himself so I know he's feeling bad. And after all these years being together, we're so interdependent that anything that affects him, also affects me. The good and bad of long time loving relationships.

So..if you're reading this, say a few extra prayers tonight for David. Thanks.

No comments: