Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Catching Up - September 9 - 17


It's been a whirlwind week. Between trying to sell our house, keeping our house spic and span on a daily basis just in case someone wants to see the house, maintaining our busy job responsibilities, and living through this diagnosis, it's been draining.

On Monday, September 15, I had the breast MRI. At first, the tech looked at my zaftig rear and wasn't sure it would fit in the closed MRI, but I proved her wrong...with even room to spare! I can finally appreciate what back pain is after laying like a lox in a very awkward position for 35 minutes. Imagine this...you are on your belly with your breasts hanging through holes in the table. Your head is turned and smashed flat against the table with a small pillow for minimal cushioning. Your arms are straight ahead and your knees are slightly bent with legs elevated on a pillow to keep your breasts hanging as low as possible. Add the loud sounds associated with the MRI with the heat it produces along with a radioactive substance coursing through your veins, it isn't exactly like sipping Mai Tais with little umbrellas on a beautiful beach!

Yesterday, September 16, I had a meltdown while talking with Carol on the phone. No matter how old I am, there are just times when I really miss my mother and wish I were a young child again so that she can take my life over and make it all better. With all the support, there is still that missing link, and no way to bring it back. As a result, the tears just started flowing and flowing. It was the cry that I had been holding back since diagnosis day. Poor Carol bore the brunt of that one, but it was "safe" to cry with her and she understood. Afterwards, I felt much better and legitimately tired. Sleep came fast.

And so it's been 2 days since the MRI and the results are not back yet after being told they'd be ready, and I would be called. It's so maddening!
Off to bed...


No comments: