Friday, September 26, 2008

David's Good News

It's finally over. David's cardiac catherization showed no heart disease. In fact, the cardiologist offered to switch his cardiovascular system with David. David has to rest for the weekend and not drive or lift until Monday, but that's a small price to pay for the results of the test. Now it's on to further explore where it's GI or musculoskeletal, the other options causing the pain.

While we were there, I ran into one of my former managers who is now the head of the cardiac cath lab. We caught up on old times, and I remembered that she is also a breast cancer survivor - 10 years out for her. Her recommendation was to do all I can on this first shot since it's the best shot I'll get. I'm inclined to take her direction, particularly after reading about all the people that have recurrence who opted out on some of the offered treatment.

No comments: