Thursday, October 2, 2008

Feeling WONDERFUL Today!

The lumpectomy went extremely well. I was in and out within 2-1/2 hours from radiology to place the wire into the site through discharge. The surgery was anticipated to take an hour and it took 45 minutes. Recovery was to take 1 to 1-1/2 hours and only took 45 minutes for me to wake up and leave. The pain was not as bad as I thought, and Extra Strength Tylenol did the trick along with ice per doctor's orders and wearing my bra constantly.

I slept well last night, even on my tummy, which is my favorite position. I really felt rested this morning. Before showering, the bandage came off easily, and I could see the surgeon placed the incision totally on the side of my breast and way below my underarm. It will be totally unnoticeable even if I model in strapless gowns and bathing suits...horrors! The best part is that my breast doesn't look noticeably smaller than the other one although I can tell it is a little smaller, and my bra is not as stretched on that side. I'm sure it will be a little smaller once the surgical area heals too, but a small price to pay for my life!

I only wish it didn't take so long to get this surgery done. I feel mentally a million times better that this is out of me and I can move on to prevent its return. The pathology report will close the door on whether more surgery is needed, but I'm being optimistic that the door is closed!

I'm taking the rest of the week to do nothing but relax and sleep and heal. Monday we start again but I'm ready to continue the battle...

Thanks to all who are reading this for your prayers. So far so good.

No comments: