Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dare I Say I'm More Back to Myself Again?

These past couple of days have brought new clarity. I seem to be thinking less about the cancer and the treatment, and can focus a bit better. Not sure why unless it's that the treatment is on the way out rather than the way in, and there's hope that my life can move from "hold" status to "moving on" and getting on with life.

I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is to "feel" again. I'm happier and more content and laughing more and just feeling better about everything around me again. Sure, my breast is still pink and the treatments are a daily annoyance, but it'll be over in a few weeks and then it's just a matter of taking a pill everyday for five years. Certainly a MUCH more normal way to live.

And if God is good and my luck is positive, this will all be a major memory to look back on when I'm old and MORE gray than I am now. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family the happiest of Thanksgivings!
DianaLB