Tuesday, December 24, 2013

11 Days Left Until Treatment Ends

After doing my own research, I have decided not to prolong the Tamoxifen treatment. There just isn't enough research supporting the benefits for DCIS prevention at this time. I am hoping that when the treatment ends, my skin issues will go away. I will be able to more easily lose weight, and I am sure there were other side effects that insidiously creeped up on me that may disappear. 

I would be lying if I said there isn't a bit of fear without the Tamoxifen that has been a shield of armor to protect me these past five years, but I have to hope that my body's immune system is stronger than any cancer cell, and that family history does not repeat itself.

Wishing all who read this is a joyous holiday and a very happy and HEALTHY 2014! 




No comments: