Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Climbing Over the Mountain

Last night, I went to the Hopewell Cancer Center Support Group after a brief hiatus, and noticed how very far I have come from an emotional perspective. There really is another side to the mountain, and I am seeing the world in a much happier and positive way.

Ten months ago, my world seemed pretty bleak, particularly, since I couldn't take my thoughts away from my mother's death, and wondering if that was going to be my demise from this beastly disease. I fretted that I was never going to see my daughters married or grandchildren or live to enjoy the retirement, we have carefully saved for. The future did not look very positive at the time.

Today, while I think about the cancer, it's not an every day, every hour focus of life. It happened. It was treated. It continues to be treated with Tamoxifen. It's the best it can be. Like I said in the last blog, I'm looking at it as a message to reevaluate my life and appreciate what is most important.

I have been so lucky - terrific and loving husband, wonderful daughters, adorable dogs, great friends, and life's comforts. I am blessed.

No comments: