Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summertime and the Living is Easy

I have officially passed the half-way point for Tamoxifen treatment.  While the many side effects have been annoying to the point that I cringe before taking the medicine, I still forge ahead, always keeping in mind that the alternative is far worse.

As I near the 3 year anniversary of my diagnosis, I can look back and find the good things that came out of the experience.  I have learned to love myself a little more and am taking better care of myself.  Pampering myself is a big change from taking care of everyone else. I am now working in a job where the atmosphere is light and fun. Where work was once the primary source of stress, it is now "fun" and I don't mind going to work every day. 

My next mammogram is in October.  That's always a bit scary, but I can feel assured that I continue to do all I can to keep the cancer from returning.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the summer...the flowers and the warm weather, playing with my sweet dogs, and spending time with my wonderful family and friends. It really doesn't get much better than this, living a peaceful dependable life.

No comments: