Friday, February 26, 2010

Today is My Last Day at Work!

No, it's not forever, but the breast cancer diagnosis did cause me to reflect on living the best life for the best prognosis over time. One of the items on this bucket list is to reduce all sources of stress. I loved what I did at work. I was creating something that would benefit thousands of people. It was successfully deployed, but the stress of getting there was akin to being in labor for unrelenting hours. There is no way it can't affect you over time.

Call it karma, but a similar job was offered to me with the pieces of my job I liked the most, and considerably less responsibility. I grabbed it. For now, I'll enjoy my last day at work. Then I'm taking a couple of weeks off to decompress, before I start the new position. During that time, I'll play with friends I haven't had the opportunity to see for a long time. I'll make up for some of that time lost to stress, and I'll embrace life again.

No comments: