Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to the Breast Surgeon

After two bouts of antibiotics which helped to reduce the inflammation, heat, skin redness, and pain in the radiated breast, the symptoms are back. The radiation oncologist sent me back to the breast surgeon, whom I really trust. After careful review of the history and extensive palpation and questioning, she advised me to use "tincture of time" to let nature move forward to try to resolve the ongoing problem.

She wasn't blowing the situation off, but felt a very conservative approach is the way to go for now. Unless of course...I develop more inflammation and pain. Then, I'm to call her back.

I feel comfortable with this decision, because she took the time to review the situation, the past treatment, and synthesize it all to make a decision about the best way to move forward for the time being. Works for me!

Stay tuned...

No comments: